HAZMAT PACKING AND SHIPPING
Hazardous Waste Management, Training, Technical Services, Hazmat Packing & Shipping
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (HAZMAT)
- Do you need to package or ship hazmat, but don’t have anyone with the required training to do the job?
- Do you have someone with the proper training, but they don’t ship often enough to remember all the complexities of the regulations?
- Have you been inspected and are not able to provide training records?
- Do you have the necessary packages, labels, and markings to prepare your shipment in a legal manner?
- Are you confident that your company is properly identifying materials that are regulated for transportation?
- Do lithium battery regulations make you cringe?
The U.S. Department of Transportation as well as various international agencies (IATA when shipping by air and IMDG when shipping by vessel) have very specific packaging, marking, labeling, and paperwork requirements. Failure to comply with those regulations and requirements can be very expensive. At the least, the shipment will be rejected and returned to you (which costs money). At the most, your organization is subject to criminal and civil penalties. Fines can be thousands of dollars per package.
We provide domestic and international packing, certification, and shipping
Reactives Management Corporation has provided domestic and international packing, certification, and shipping of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes since 1986. Our customers are primarily located in Hampton Roads cities of Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg; however, we have traveled to several locations across the U.S. for customers with special shipping needs.
Reactives Management has experience with every hazard class (Class 1 through Class 9), plus experience with some of the more unusual commodities such as magnetized materials and what is arguably the most difficult commodity to ship: lithium batteries.
On-site Consulting Services
Compliance with the applicable DOT, IATA/ICAO, and IMDG/IMO regulations.
- Identification and classification of hazardous materials
- Packaging, marking, and labeling
- Shipping papers (DOT; IATA Shipper’s Declaration of Dangerous Goods; IMDG Dangerous Goods Declaration)
- Hazmat and hazardous waste consulting services
- DOT Hazmat Employee training (including IATA and IMDG)
- On-site evaluations
- Custom fiberboard overpacks
- Custom wood crate overpacks (ISPM-15 compliant for international shipments)
- DOT Special Permits and Approvals
Hazardous waste stream evaluation
Classification of new waste streams
Professional Emergency Response
Extra value! An emergency telephone that is staffed by a knowledgeable person (or one with immediate access to a knowledgeable person) 24-hours a day must be listed on all hazardous materials shipping documents. The current fine for not having a properly monitored emergency response telephone number is $1,600. As a value-added service, Reactives Management provides the telephone number of a professional emergency response provider that meets the requirements at no cost to you.
For those who prefer to handle hazmat shipments in-house, RMC offers DOT Hazmat Employee training and mode-specific training programs. See our TRAINING page for additional information.